Tuesday 20 November 2012

HUSBAND BEATER

I read the story below in Bella Naija blog and it was quite hilarious and I thot to share it:

Alleged Maltreatment & Lack of CarePosted on Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 at 8:46 AM
By Adeola Adeyemo
On an almost regular basis, we hear news of wives seeking dissolution of their marriages on grounds of domestic violence and maltreatment from their husbands. On the other hand, reading news of a husband seeking for divorce from a wife who maltreats him isn’t so common.
On Monday 19th November 2012, a 32-year-old trader, Sunday Olagoke,  pleaded with the Grade ‘B’ Customary Court, Orile- Agege , Lagos to dissolve his 16-year-old marriage, alleging maltreatment by his wife. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that he told the court he wanted dissolution based on “threat to life, constant fighting, lack of care and absence of love”.
The report further stated that he testified in tears that his wife, Christianah, treated him like a slave, ruined his business and did not respect his family.
“My wife does not cook for me, the worst is that she beats me whenever I confront her. She behaves like a man and I was scared of her all through the period we were together. We had no issue together, we lived like cat and mouse and she eventually left the house a year ago without telling me. I really suffered in her hands; I was the wife while she was the husband. But I thank God it is now over,” he said.
The trader, told the court that his wife ruined his business before she left him.
“I taught her how to trade, I made her my accountant and she ruined my business. I do not know where she took my money to, she owed many people money in my name. I heard she is now married to another man and I want the court to dissolve the marriage so that I will be free from her bondage.”
The Court President, Mr. Joseph Adewusi, told the petitioner to maintain the peace and adjourned the case till November 29 for judgment.
Domestic violence has been the cause of break up of many marriages and it is sad that it is not only a trend, but that it is manifested in different forms. What are your thoughts on this story? Have you heard of any marriage where a wife beats her husband? What could be the cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment